The older our kids get, the harder it seems to find creative and unique ideas for Easter baskets. Here are some fun ideas to make up an Easter basket your tween or teen will love.
Please note: These links contain affiliate links and I receive a commission from purchases made through these links.
Let's start with the actual basket. Think outside of the basket on this one!
- Makeup lover? Use a makeup caddy as your "basket" and fill it with new brushes, makeup remover, beauty masks, and makeup.
- Fisher? Try a tackle box filled with gear like lures and a fishing license.
- Sports aficionado? Use a favorite sports team or college ball cap as the "basket" and roll up a team shirt to fit into the cap, along with a few treats.
- Beach lover? Try a small cooler filled with a pair of flip-flops, a towel, and a water bottle.
- New driver? Buy a trunk caddy/organizer and add an umbrella, air freshener, charging cables, windshield wiper fluid, a pair of gloves, and a blanket.
- Crafter? Fill a cute tote with their crafting passion items.
Unique Easter gift deals we love for teens and tweens from CertifiKID:
Easter Adventure DIY Treat Kits From I'm The Chef, Too!— View deal on CertifiKID
Easter Egg Cookie Puzzles, Marshmallow Candy Play Dough & More!
- Hiker? They'll love a new backpack filled with things like trail mix, beef jerky, and a water bottle.
- Foodie? A cute picnic basket filled with non-perishable goodies and treats should do the trick!
- Heading off to college soon? Help get them ready with a laundry basket filled with needed essentials, or a bathroom caddy filled with personal hygiene essentials.
- Athlete? Try a new duffle bag filled with items related to their sport of choice, or even a pair of shoes using the box as your "basket."
Turn Artwork & Mementos into Keepsake Albums— View deal on CertifiKID
$30 Off Art & Sports Memorabilia Memory Books!
Already have a basket you love to use each year? Here are some goodies to include in addition to the traditional chocolate bunny and jelly beans for your tweens and teens:
- Hot cocoa bombs
- Favorite chips
- Beef jerky
- Trail mix
- Favorite beverages
- A gift card to a local "experience" (like tickets or an annual pass to a local waterpark, amusement park, or escape room!)
- Face masks
- Gift cards
- Water bottle (go a step further and find someone local to personalize one for you!)\
- Fun pens or Sharpies
- Flip flops
- Card game
- New cell phone case
- LEGO set
Enjoy surprising your tween or teen with some unexpected Easter fun this year!
Jennifer Hill is the publisher of Macaroni Kid Fremont, Calif.